Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

GMAIL: For a limerick and a link!

Update:
Okay today is now Thursday and not a single taker?! I guess the WWW is taking a nap as noone has stopped by as of yet. The day is still young!
~~~
What is a limerick? This speaks for itself! Here is the definition:

What is a limerick, Mother?
It's a form of verse, said brother
In which lines one and two
Rhyme with five when it's through
And three and four rhyme with each other
.


I have just opened up my GMAIL today and guess what people!? That red link has appeared. I can invite others to join GMAIL! I am doing the happy dance! Let's have some fun shall we?
I have been given 1. I guess I will get more from what I have heard and read. Once you start giving them out they begin to multiply for some people. I hope that is the case for me.

For the next 2 days...today, which is Wednesday where I am and Thursday... I am running a gmail limerick/link contest. The winner will get the gmail invitation. I need the best limerick you can write about SHOES! No vulgarities please. In addition I also need a permanent link back to my site. The linking will be good as I may have other gmail invites in the future and you can check back often. In addition, I will also link back to everyone who links back to me regardless of the gmail invitation. One good link deserves another. It may take a little time for me to link you by blogroll or button, but I will get around to it. I have a button on the side bar if you want to link by button. It is a shoe button.

On Friday I will read all the entries and will select the best one. I will also check the links. Put on your creative hats! Let's have a little fun! Here is another example to get you started.

When you read Limericks aloud, you become aware that they also have a rhythm. The Limerick sounds like a musical chant and usually has the following pattern.
da DA da da DA da da DA (8 syllables)
da DA da da DA da da DA (8 syllables)
da DA da da DA (5 syllables)
da DA da da DA (5 syllables)
da DA da da DA da da DA (8 syllables)

There was an old man of Peru
Who dreamt he was eating his shoe
He woke in the night
With a terrible fright
To find it was perfectly true.
Edward Lear

May the best limerick writing, blog linking blogger win!
Tinker


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~


0 Broken Heels: