Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Santa is Real! ( At least for this year!)

dirty Fila and I were walking in the house from being out and I told her she needed to clean her room. I threw in the season was near and that Santa could see her room with clothes everywhere. She informed me that there is no Santa and that the kids at school told her that it was the parents who were buying all the presents. What is a mom to do? Keep the magic alive of course!

I immediately told her that she had been told something not correct and that I personally believe in Santa, as old as I am. She gave me a look with a quirky smile. (Like yeah RIGHT!) I told her again that I did and that if she did not believe she might not get anything for Christmas. She gave me that same look again.

I told her that she had better take the comment back somehow...like go outside the front door and look up at the sky and say she was sorry. She gave me that look again. "Okay," I said. Just remember that you have to believe to receive. dirth Fila has already written a 50 item christmas list and it is sitting on the coffee table. She gave me that look again.

I began to do the dishes and dirty Fila was doing something in the den. A little while later I heard the front door open and I wondered why. I went to the door and it was cracked. There was dirty Fila on the front steps looking up at the sky and telling Santa she was sorry. I tiptoed back to the kitchen.

Yes...Santa Claus is real! dirth Fila still believes!!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

1 Broken Heels: