Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Striking Shoes

Today I am on strike. I have been calling dirty Fila since 9 to get up to begin her laundry and to eat. She has answered me once. OKAY! Today is not the day. She is headed for the big mama beat down and does not know it.

She did call down once from upstairs and asked what was for breakfast. I then again told her to bring down a load of laundry to start and eat. She never came. It is now 11:22 my time and she has just come down the stairs with a load of laundry. I have already eaten and did not make her anything to eat. I had eggs and hash. She will have to make her own breakfast. There is plenty of instant oatmeal to eat. She can also cook herself an egg and have some salmon and fruit if she wants.

Saturday mornings with her seem to be not so good. She just wants to waste the day. I am up at the same time I get up during the week. It is almost impossible for me to sleep in and it just bugs me to stay in bed till 10 am or so. The morning is gone.

Let's just hope the day gets better. I have been after her to clean her room for 2 weekends and it has not been done yet. Partially but not all the way. There is no tv, computer or phone on the weekends until her room is clean. We will not go out or play any board game either until her room is clean.

She also seems now to have the sniffles. I hope she is not coming down with anything. If her room is not cleaned or some headway made that I can see being made, I will not make lunch for her either. There is plenty of her to find to eat on her own.

The joys(hell) of motherhood. I am in for a very frustrating day.

It is now 11:40. She is opening packages of instant oatmeal to eat! I can hear it pouring into the bowl.

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

2 Broken Heels:

Joann said...

My daughter will be17 this March 18th. Her room never gets too bad, but still there are days... It is hard to know if I should keep on her for things, or just let her do her own thing.

Funny, I just had some Quaker instant Oatmeal. Raisin, Date, & Walnut. Very good.

My Shoes said...

I know...sometimes i want to give up and just do it all myself. it would be far easier for me to do all her laundry and put it up.