Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Treasured Cats: Carnival of Cats

One of my treasuted cats is lost. This was a cat statue I purchased in 1987 when I was visiting North Carolina. Chapel Hill to be exact. On the main street they have lots of quaint little shops, gift shops and local craft galleries. I went into some sort of exotic import furniture store and got this wonderful cat that I fell in love with. She is the color of Aigner shoes (I remember when Aigner was IT!) and she used to he the focal point of my living room. She used to sit on top of the coffee table and was most impressive.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I never knew what she was made of until recently...when the tragedy happened. I just knew that she was very heavy and could be used a a weapon if someone ever broke in. I had a boyfriend many years ago who hated cats and just hated my cat statue. He hated to see it on the coffee table. He said it looked at him. He used to want me to turn it so that it would not look at him whenever he came over. (Love me , love my cats, even if they are plaster!)

Well, I had the carpets cleaned about a week ago or so. Part of the trying to LET Go of things.
I moved her to the counter to get her off the floor and out of the way of the cleaners. She was in the hallway living under a table. Still in a very visible place. Well I was picking her up to put her back in place and her leg just separated. Just separated. I was crushed. I thought about super glue but I saw she was plaster and wondered now well that would hold in the end. Well I decided to let her go. I had to but at least now I have two pictures. She will be going to the great kitty heaven that is the garbage can today. She had a long and happy life with me and she will be missed much! She was well loved.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


So where does that leave me? Well I am down to just one real cat now and my first cat that has been cremated and is in her cremation urn in the kitchen on top of the microwave. Here is my kitty stretching on the newly cleaned carpet! And yes...she is already shedding all over it. See that ball of black fur near her tail!!
I am constantly vacuuming. If not everyday then every other day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: