Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas and Cats


Carnival of Cats

Leave christmas things around and the cat will be sure to get into it. This is my Disney santa hat. I think my cat wants to wear it. After batting it around and biting it fo about ten minutes it was on to the next thing. The birds! I have birds on my tree and they are the same ones I have been using for the past 7 years. You would think that the cat would have some sort of learning curve when it comes to those christmas birds. She does not.

Every year when ever the tree is up, she spends her days (while I am at work) stalking and hunting my bird ornaments. Eveyday I come home and find bird ornaments on the floor. Others too, where she has obviously jumped up into the tree trying to reach the bird ornaments. They used to be all over, even near the bottom of the tree but finally in the past 4 years, they only go near the middle and top. That is supposed to make it harder for my cat to get, reach, hurl herself at. NOT!

I even have changed style of birds. They used to be the nice ones made of feathers until I saw her walking around with her kill in her mouth, holding it, like a victory kill. Feathers would be everywhere. Now I use the ceramic? metal? something? clip on ones that are gold or silver glittered. Very pretty but my cat STILL hunts them. You would think that after all these years, she would know what that christmas tree and the birds on them are all about. Any suggestions let me know.


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: