Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 25, 2006

Otis Shoes

I ran into Otis shoes on yesterday. Man I thought he was only on Martin. Surely there could not be a "real" security guard like that anywhere on planet earth. I was at lunch on yesterday. I did not feel like going all the way home so I decided to go around the corner from the office complex to the closest place---Burger King. I got my food and drove back to the office complex but decided not to go into the breakroom to eat. I just wanted to get away from the office and people in the office so I went to one of the other parkinglots in the office complex.

The complex where I work has all sort of lagoons and small bodies of water with fountains all around. Just about every building has a lagoon or fountain.....except the one I work in. So many times in the summer I will park in the lot of another buidling just to see some different scenery... water, trees and an occasional duck...just for a little serenity in a crazy day. I will eat mu lunch and then go back to work.

Yesterday my serenity was interrupted by Otis! I was parked with a sparkling fountain directly in front of me, some trees and my mind was releasing some of the day's tension. Then I saw Otis. I swear it was him.


I saw a strange looking man approaching the rear of my car in the rear view mirror. OTIS was the first thing that leaped into my mind. Surely he did not work at the office building behind me. He approached the right rear of my car and looked in the passenger window. He had a large radio that looked like it was the 1970's in his hand. What was he going to do with the radio? Hit me with it. I thought he was a vagrant. I just looked at him and kept right on eating.

He then came around to the driver side of my car and stood. I cracked the window an inch and asked him if there was a problem. He had on coke bottle glasses so thick his eyes were magnified. He kind of stuttered and said this was private property. I said it was not...all the offices are leased from leasing companies. ( I was in the lot, not on the building landing. Where I was, there were no cars.. at the far, far end of the lot. He had to walk a long way to get to me. )

He showed me his security badge and said this was the lot for____. I showed him my security badge and told him I worked in the highrise directly across the street. I told him I was just eating lunch. He then said that this lot had nothing to do with my office building. I rolled my window up and continued to eat. he walked away from the car.

I only had a few bites left, but I started up the car and went back to my office lot. I know that interaction was the highlight of his week. I decided not to stress Otis, so I left. Who knew? Otis is alive and well and working at the building across the street!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: