Rebel Yell by Billy Idol: Billy was the man! When I was in college punk rock was big. I had that three month period of insanity when I went punk rock. Purple streaks in my hair and lots of black leather and chains. My mom sure was glad when that three months was over! Rebel Yell was my theme song. It had the best beat and it was easy to sing!
Can't Touch This by M.C. Hammer: Hammer was the man! Too! this was also my theme song. Hammer pants was in and I was all about those big baggy hammer pants. I had a pair and wore then to death. I wish I had a pair now! I got my big television break performing in the mall on stage to Can't Touch This!
Sunset People by Donna Summer: This was my most favorite disco song. Disco? Disco is STILL in! Whoever claimed that disco is dead is absolutely wrong! I remember going to my local disco club one summer in my college days every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. I seriously wore out some dancing shoes during the disco era!
Paganini: After a Dream by Regina Carter: Now I cannot just pick one song. This is the entire CD. Every song on this cd is absolutely magic! I love them all. Jazz is my first love and classical jazz played on Paganini's violin is priceless!
- Can we say Whip It by Devo?! Now Devo was THE band when I was in college. I too had a red flower pot that I ordered from their fan site. I wore it proudly as I jumped up and down, cracking that whip and whipping it good! When I think about that now, what the hell was I thinking? I re-bought all my Devo cassettes on CD about 3 years ago!
Freedom of Choice
- Work It by Missy Elliott. This song was my theme song last year. Whenever I needed to be energized while doing housework, I would put that on. It has a good beat.
- Four Seasons by Vivaldi! This is my all time favorite piece of music. If things are going wrong in the world, this goes on and all is okay. We have "Vivaldi Sundayn," when I play it as loud as I want to. dirty Fila gets tired of Vivaldi Sundays. I never tire of Vivaldi! Don't get between me and Vivaldi or this could happen!
- Warrior from the Lord of the Dance Sountrack. This is simply a beautiful piece of celtic music! I love all things celtic. I saw Lord of the Dance when it was being performed about 6 years ago. dirty Fila loved is so much she was irish dancing for about an hour later. It almost made me cry! This is a majestic song! Love it!
- Good Morning Heartache by Etta James. I love her music. It tells it like it is. For those melancholy days when you need to hear someone ELSE singing the blues!
Heart of a Woman
- Train by the Gumboots dancers. This entire cd is wonderful and I was lucky enough to see the performance! Spectactular! Inspirational, moving and quite a cultural experience.
- Rainmaker by Yanni. I just love the didgeridoo. I love Yanni and am secretly in love with him. I saw him live and took dirty Fila a few years ago. Those tight black leather pants. Be still my heart!
- Roxanne by Sting! Oh my God! I have been in love with Sting way before Yanni. I saw Sting live back in the mid 1980's and knew that he would be the father of my children! I have every CD he has ever put out except for the last one. I just have not picked it up yet. I had all of his early work on cassette and had re-buy them all on CD.
The Best of Sting and the Police
- Last but certainly not least! Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson. The King of Pop IS the King of Pop! He has had great music most of his career and I have loved all his music! Off the Wall came out when I was in college, right around the time of the big disco era! this was one of the songs my friends and I would dance the night away on!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!