That Have Happened to Me!
2. About 7 years ago on a Saturday night, I had a feeling that I could not sleep. No..that is not right. I had a feeling that I should not sleep upstairs. So I stayed up late, downstairs watching movies until about 2am in the morning. The lights were on in the den but not in the kitchen. A movie had just ended and I heard a faint sound in the kitchen near the window. I got up from the sofa and turned on the kitchen light and I saw a shadow at the kitchen window. It was a person. As I moved toward the window the shadow moved away to the left away from the window. I called the police, hysterical...they came and looked around inside and outside and looked at that window. That man had been trying to break in. He had been trying to pry the screen back from the window to get in.
3. This happened when I was living in North Carolina in the late 1980's. It was christmas time and I had found a nursery that had a good price on christmas trees and they looked good. (At christmas time you see all sorts of weird people coming out of the woodwork) I pulled in and parked. I was looking around at all the plants and trees and all of a sudden that feeling came. Something was wrong. I looked around and I saw a mountain man looking at me. I mean a real mountain man, the kind of man who looked just like he stepped right out of the movie "Deliverence." He had just stepped out of an old truck that looked it could not possible run at all. He had on overalls, a plaid shirt and he had a beard like zztop..long down to his waist and long black stringy hair. His eyes looked at me and they were like shiny black marbles. Like charles manson eyes...glowing that horrible glow. And he was staring at me like he had never seen a woman before. I have heard horrible stories of those mountain men capturing women and keeping them like slaves in the woods. I immediately wanted to leave but I had to get my tree. I went to the clerk and told him I had found a tree and needed to have it put in my car right away. He had other customers but said he would get someone to get the tree and tie it to my car. I walked around and waited about 5-10 more minutes. The mountain man was wherever I was. Whenever I looked up he was there staring at me crazily. Then he was gone the next time I looked up. I began to get scared like I have never been scared before. People like that can make others disappear. All of a sudden the clerk I had asked to help me came rushing over. He said quietly that I had to leave right now. He said that he felt I was in danger by someone in the store. I told him it was that mountain man. He said yes. He said that he would help me get the tree right now. And he did. He grabbed that tree, hoisted on my car, tied it and told me to be careful.
4. One morning many years ago I had to go to the grocery store before work. I was in Piggly Wiggly about 7:30am. There was 1 cashier up front. I walked up several aisles and there was noone in the store but me. I began to get a very eerie feeling that I needed to get out there. The hair began to stand up on my arms. I was in the back of the store and a voice said "leave." I left my buggy and walked immediately to the store front to leave and as I approached the front register area, in walked 2 young black males who looked like complete thugs. They were looking around shiftily first together and then separating, one going to each end of the store and walking straight back. I heard the voice again say louder this time."LEAVE" I got in my car and flew out of the parking lot. I went on to work. Low and behold those men did rob that store. It was all over the news that night.
5. A few years ago I was leaving for work at about 7:45. I was leaving my development and it was a spring day. I had my window about 1/4 of the way down, doors locked. I turned out of the development and there is a short little access road there before you get to a light to get to the main highway. I stopped at the development entrance to be sure I could pull out onto the access road. Right there at the complex entrance is a low brick wall/planter with the complex name and plants.
Well, all of a sudden a voice said "look behind you." ( I have a voice that alerts me to danger sometimes.) I looked and there was a white man stretched out on the grass in front of the planter. Odd. Why was he there? He was not moving and I thought he may need help. I called to him. No response. I called again. I paused my car and was about to put it into park to get out and go over. I guess he saw the brake lights come on because all of a sudden he leaped up and ran toward my car. He was screaming and yelling with arms outstretched like a stark raving maniac. I jammed on the gas, ran the light and got the hell out of there. I called the police and I went back to meet them there. He of course was gone. I wonder if he got a victim that morning.
6. When we moved into the house I grew up in with my parents, we found out AFTER the deal was final that the prior occupant killed himself in the house. Gun, blood everywhere. Suicide. It was a troubled place. Lots of odd, scary, spooky thing happened all the years I was growing up there. I remember coming to the front door and standing on the stoop a few years ago and hearing footsteps from inside. Well I thought that my mom or dad had seen me drive up and was meeting me at the door to open it. The footsteps stopped at the door but the door did not open. I then heard a child humming a tune...not a tune I had ever heard before or could ever imitate. I peaked in the front window as the grandkids were there.. maybe it was one of them. I saw noone. I could feel someone at the door standing. About 20 seconds later, I saw my mother round the corner and move toward the door to open it.
7. I was at the beach one summer in water that was about knee high when I was standing up. I sat down. All of a sudden I was surrounded by fish! Fish that were biting me over and over. They were grey and about the size of my hand in width and length. I jumped up screaming and ran out of the surf to get away from them.
8. I once had an itch in my hair in the front right side (when I was in the 1st grade.) I scratched and scratched my head. It would not stop itching. Finally I felt something up there that was not hair. I squeezed my fingers together and there was a round body that was moving. It was a big spider all caught up in my hair. I screamed until my father got it out!
9. I was in Georgia in the late 1980's living and I bought a package of fish from the grocery store. I got it home, took off the plastic and was just about to shake on some salt and pepper when out of that fish flesh rose a long red worm about 2 inches long. Freedom! After reaching for the sky, it went back down into the fish. I could not get back to that store quick enough with that fish!
10. About a week ago, I found 6 library books that I had checked out from my local library 3 years ago in 1993. They had been packed away in a closet in a box??? I called the library about the books and fines. It was only $30 for 6 books for 3 years being overdue.
11. I have seen a UFO ship! Aliens are here and that is my story and I am sticking to it! They really are living among us, watching and studying.
12. Another time at my parents house I observed my nephew smiling and waving to absolutely nothing in the hallway as we all sat in the den.
13. The oddest food I have ever eaten was sea urchin. It is an expensive sushi. It was the most awful thing in the world. The taste was something I cannot EVEN begin to describe. It is just that awful. All yellow and green and soft and bitter. Trust me, do not ever try it. I love sushi, but for God's sake, stay the hell away from sea urchin! You will never forget the taste of it. I would not wish sea urchin on my worste enemy. It is just that horrible in flavor.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!