Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Heels and the Love of Shoes


Heels! I have always been in love with them. I remember some of my very first pair of shoes that I bought with my own money were a pair of high heels by an Italian designer whose name I cannot recall right now. They were the best shoes ever! They cost $80 and that was a huge sum back in 1977 for a pair of black, strappy heels. They had the best fit of any shoes I had at the time. I could do anything in them and they were comfortable.

Disco was in back then and I was able to dance the night away in those shoes. I could dance for hours and they never hurt my feet. They were perfect. I remember when the soles began to wear out, I would take them to the cobbler and have them resoled. That worked for about a year until I was finally ready to let them go.

I will never forget those shoes. They made anything I wore look instantly better, more sexy and they made my legs look good. My legs were my best feature! I wore heels all the time and I was sleek and walking tall in my heels. No one could tell me a thing.

I think a girl always remembers her first pair of high heels just like she remembers her very first boyfriend. You look back and feel that bittersweet feeling of good times long gone. And wondering if those time will come again. Will a pair of shoes ever fit that well again? Will another pair fit your feet like a pair of gloves? Will you have a love like that again.

I have pleasant memories of various past shoes! Probably more memories of shoes than old boyfriends. Shoes are definitively more reliable and dependable than some of those old boyfriends were.

I do not think my love affair of shoes will ever end. If I am having a bad day, I can go to my closet and try on a pair of my many shoes, strut around the house and feel all better. Heels are the best shoe for that. The average running shoe or sandal will not have the same effect. Heels. Heels are the best balm for anything that makes your day left of center.


What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe! ~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: