Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Neighbors Shoes

The shoe that fits one
person pinches another;
there is no recipe for living
that suits all cases.
~~Carl Gustav Jung~~


Last weekend I was at home and I heard garbled yelling, talking?!?! I could not tell where it was coming from. At first I thought that someone had driven up upside with the radio blaring. Then I realized it was the wayward teen next door--you know the one...the one who feeds the birds by laying out whole pieces of bread on the lawn. She was yelling and screaming outside her door for her mother to open it. Mom did not. I had heard arguing at 4am in the morning on saturday morning and doors slamming and mom screaming that the daughter was a liar. (This neighbor teen always wears flip flips so I will call her flip flop from now on.)

Well all during the school year I had seen her during the day at home when she should have been in school. She is not quite old enough to graduate yet. Flip flip must have dropped out. Several times throught the year I had seen/heard mom yelling at her for not having a job and why was she not looking.

So on Sunday afternoon after getting no results at her front door, flip flop ran around to the back door. I thought she had left but then the cat flew upstairs and jumped into the upstairs window and began looking down. I looked and I could hear yelling and loud knocking on their back patio door. It was still flip flop trying to get in. After trying to hear and not hearing anything..too far away..I gave up being nosey. About an hour later I was out front watering my garden and SLAM goes a door. Flip Flop was leaving in different clothes, a plastic cup in one hand and flip flops on her feet--dirty blonde hair in a really bad style--> A top knot pony tail with the back hanging down. I have not seen her since. Mom must have kicked flip flop out.

Sad--another seemingly lost youth-out of control and totally disrepectful of her mother. I just hope there are not any more 4am fights on their front stoop.

0 Broken Heels: