Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas was Exhausting

It really takes a lot to make Christmas magical for a child. I am so tired today it is not even funny. I had to stay up til 2:30 AM to be sure dirty Fila was alseep. Then I had to sneak packages down stairs to the tree. I had to stand by her room door...she left it open so she could see Santa...before I actually passed it to be sure she was not faking being asleep. After sneaking past her room, I had to put the presents under the tree in total darkness, fill the stockings, eat the cookies and drink the eggnog dirty Fila put out for Santa. Finally, I was able to sneak back upstairs and finally go to bed.

At the crack of dawn it began....mommie, mommie, mommie, mommie, mommie...WAKE UP! Mommie wake up...let's go open the presents. And so it begins. I did get a chance to go back to bed and sleep till about 1pm. But not until I played Twister Moves. Twister Moves...this is only for the young and not for me. Yes. I did give it to dirty Fila for Christmas. Thank goodness her cousin, my nephew is coming to town on Tuesday. She has to find someone else to do Twister Moves with other than me!

The best things I ate this Christmas were Danish Wedding Cookies, Ferrero Rocher chocolates and white zinfandel wine. And let's not forget apple cider. I have had about 2 cups per day. It has been very cold and is sleeting and rainign frozen ice balls. I did buy a lamb to have for Christmas dinner but, instead I ate at my parents and had turkey and ham. I will save the lamb for New Year's.

My cat has been upset by the Christmas tree. I have gold birds on the tree and she spends a lot of time hunting them. Poor cat! Finally I ahve them up high enough where she will leave them alone. Now with the presents under she spends a lot of time rooting in and out of the boxes trying to get into them to sit and play.

Christmas is exhausting to me...always has been. Fun, worth it, but tiring.

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: