Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! dirty Fila and I did. dirty Fila had a very merry christmas. She thinks she is the cat's meow now in her designer clothes. Today she was in a fashion quandry as to what to wear. She was a very happy girl this christmas day.

I got the printer/scanner/copier that I wanted. No more running to Kinkos's in the middle of night to copy something for a project or presentation. It was a gift from my parents. I had just hinted one day...made a random comment that I needed one....I had no idea they would get it. That was one of the highlights.

My favorite gift was my Louis Vuitton city bag. That was a gift from a blast from the past...an old boyfriend from the 1990's who I have kept in phone contact with all these years. I have not physically seen him since about 1990. He calls and tries to get together...he is married now...so please---NO! So we talk about once a month or maybe even every 2 months. I send him a christmas card every year but that is all. He lives in another state and often suggests I meet him for lunch or he will fly me to Atlanta or Chicago for a pro game.....NO! NO!!

So he calls on Wednesday and says he is sending me something. What? I am thinking a card. We have never exchanged gifts before...in all these years. He does not tell me what it is...just says that it is something I will like. He sends it overnight and makes me call him to let him know if I like it. It arrived Thursday.

What can I say... it is a beautiful Louis Vuitton bag and it is authentic. I know real shoes and purses like the back of my hand. I went on line to look up the price of a Louis Vuitton bag as I knew it was expensive. That bag is right at $775.00. I have spent a lot of time over the past few says searching the web to determine if it is fake or not and from all I have read it is real.

I did ask him where he got it. He has a brother who works as a plant manager overseas where these purses are made. This I have know...that his brother worked overseas at a plant..for many years...I did not know what kind of plant. He said that due to good production, they were allowed to take some purses as they came off the assembly line so he called his brother, mother, sister and asked what they wanted and shipped multiple purses home to them. My friend asked for 2 and sent one to me and gave one to his wife. He said he gave her the same bag as I got.

It is a lovely bag, but you know how men are . It may mean something else to him other than a gift. I think I will send him a nice thank you card and let that be it. He wants more but I simply cannot go there. He is married. I was even thinking I needed to return the purse to him. What to do? Thank god he lives in another state and is not close enough to just drop by. Now if only he would stop offering to fly me to Atlanta, Chicago and other places to meet him when he goes on business trips. He works as a human resource manager at a major corporation and flies all over as part of his job visiting plants in various locations around the Unites States.

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: