Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, January 02, 2005

My New Year Reso-SHOE-tions

Well it is that time of year when I kick off my shoes and begin to ponder the meaning of life and what I can do in the coming year to improve my shoe heels and their place in the world. In years past, I have made lists and lists and maybe I would have done 2 or 3 by the year end. Funny how that happens. We all have good intentions and high hopes that this will be the set of resolutions that will make all things just ducky with our lives.

I remember years where I did not make any, but vowed just to do things differently and not make them a resolution that could be broken. I failed miserably at that also. Maybe a thing or 2 would get done.

This year I still have that sense of renewal and things anew! Time to make just a few reso-shoe-tions this year. Just a few and maybe more of the list will get done. Okay...here we go!
  • In 2005, I am resolved to buy no more than 10 pairs of shoes for the entire year. That is about once a month, I can buy a new pair. Normally I buy them at the season change in clumps and about 5 pairs at a time. I already have 46 pairs of shoes in the closet and about 10-12 pairs scattered around the house, so just 10 more pairs in 2005.
  • I plan to get more sleep by going to bed earlier...at this time I think I have been sleep deprived for the past 3 years...maybe 4.
  • I plan to contol stress better via excersize and trying to not sweat the small stuff . If now walking at lunch, then going to the gym at least 3 times per week.
  • I plan to live well this year as living well is the best revenge. (Can we say kharma coming back to bite some people in the butt that I know?)
Well that is it. Just these few. These I can think about and remember to do almost everyday. In 2005, I plan to put my best shoes forward!

See what others are resolving to do this year!------> ô

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: