Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Quick Goat Cheese Pizza

Carnival of the Recipes



With school back in session, life for me has suddenly become very hectic. What to cook for dinner??? That is what is always on my mind. I have not made this recipe in awhile but I decided to bring it out of the closet. dirty Fila has not had goat cheese, I do not think. Or if she has I did not tell her it was goat cheese. (You know--kids and things that are new.) Now that I think about it, I have not made this recipe in a few years. dirty Fila always wants that darned Pizza Hut pizza. Pizza Hut is good, but homemade is better to me. This recipe looks good and is very impressive when served. People think you are gourmet! When I used to make this for friends, they would say..that Tinker..she always has been different. Don't expect anything normal when you visit with her. Now you can make your own crust from scratch if you want but this is supposed to be quick!

Goat Cheese Pizza

  • 1 Boboli used as the crust
Topping
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 cups diced onions
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • 6 ounces goat cheese----I add more than 6 ounces...I love goat cheese!
  • halved or quatered black olives
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced parsley
  • 1 cup sundried tomatoes diced
  • 1 package pepperoni
Assembly
Heat olive oil in pan. Add in the onions, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes and saute until the onions are soft and golden. Spread tomato paste over boboli. Add all the other ingredients artistically. Start with the onions, then parmesan cheese, basil, sundried tomatos, pepperoni, olives and goat cheese. Sprinkle with parsely. Preheat oven at 375. Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees.



Have I had an experiences with goats? Just a few.

  • Once while in the Bahamas, the vacation package I had included dinner at one of the local restaraunts. We went and had some sort of goat dish. Out came a large tureen/platter with a large goat head in it(cooked), swimming in gravy and vegetables. The shock of the head was silencing. We all just looked at each other. We ate out goat dinner and each secretly vowed never to look at the head while we were eating. The eyes... gross. It was good but the goat head? The waiters said it was a delicacy!
  • I took dirty Fila to a petting zoo many years ago with goats. We were able to walk among the goats in a goat pen. I went off to look at the big mama goat and dirty Fila was a few feet away with cute baby goats--petting them. My back was turned to her. Within 5 minutes I heard crying from behind me and turned around. dirty Fila was surrounded by 4 baby goats who were butting her and kicking her and biting her clothes. They were trying to eat her clothes. It was goats gone wild! I had to snatch her up and lift her over my head just about to get her out of the middle of them. That was crazy! Needless to say she is afraid of goats now.
  • My mother told me they had goats when she was a child and she hated those family goats. She hated them because they always chased her. They were not chained up but loose on the family land. Her mother, my grandmother bought those goats for milk and cheese and on occasion they would kill one for meat. Mostly they just ate eveything in site and chased my mother. They would butt her over and over if she was not fast enough. She hates goats.

Check out the other recipes in this week's carnival at One for The Road!

What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~
||

0 Broken Heels: