Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #1


Thirteen Things about Tinker


1…. I love shoes! I bet you did not know that. I have over 65 pairs.

2. Lobster is one of my favorite foods!

3. I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice.

4. I was mortified once many years ago. I was at the symphony and during the intermission I went to the refreshment area to get a glass of wine and I literally ran into/bumped into a woman who had the exact same dress on as me. I wanted to sink into the floor. She almost spilled her wine on me!

5. I saved my distant cousins life at a family reunion. He ( about 6 years old) was drowning in a swimming pool at the hotel and no parents were looking at him. Time stood still. I did not know him as I saw him sink below the water. He was in the deep end of the pool. I looked around and no parents were paying attention to the pool at all. I was 22. None of them could swim either..I jumped in and dove down to the bottom and fished him out. Only when I came back up yelling help did any parents turn around. I was shaken for the rest of the day.

6. Seeing Lord of the Dance changed my life! I now love all things celtic!

7. I like my eclectic nature. It makes me stand out in a crowd. Maybe as slightly odd, but I still stand out.

8. I like my sense of adventure. It is just sad that I do not have too many friends who want to do many of the adventurous things I want to do.

9. I am all about pirates right now. (Pirates of the Caribbean) I will a pirate for halloween this year.

10. I like the fact that I am raising dirty Fila differently than I was raised. I am doing a better job that what my mom did with me. Time brings change.

11. I tend to love too hard and too soon which usually results in a broken heart for me.

12. I miss my first love---the first man I was engaged to--he was my high school sweetheart. When I see him now or speak to him, reality sets in. I know why we did not make it. (Thank god)

13. I always have the feeling that something big is lurking just out of my view. Like I am on the cusp of something waiting to happen. I wish it would. I am ready for a big shapeup in my life!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Tug~~Tink~~Gypsy~~Ka-rista~~
Dane Bramage~~Courtney~~Caylynn~~Deb~~Shannon~~
Happy Mama to Three~~Janet~~Danielle~~Knitting Maniac~~
Mary~~The Shrone~~Southern Girl~~NMallory~~



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe!
~~Aileen Mehle~~

24 Broken Heels:

My Shoes said...

http://secretlifeofshoes.blogspot.com/

I hope these comments will work properly.

Tug said...

http://www.justtug.blogspot.com

Nice list!! Happy TT..

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Thirsday Thirteen. ou started with a very interesting list. Nice to meet you!
My TT is about birthday facts.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I would love to see Lord of the Dance! I used to have a Scottish co-worker who I could entice to display Highland dancing when she'd had a little too much to drink.

My TT is up! And thanks for visiting my blog.

Dane Bramage said...

Great list! Welcome to T13! My T13 #10 is up. It is my Favorite Games Edition!

Courtney said...

#5 must have been scary! Thank goodness you were paying attention! As for shoes, well, I guess you could say I am not a shoe-person. I only own 4 pairs, and only 2 of those are worn on a regular basis. lol

Anonymous said...

Quite a list! Wow on saving your cousin's life - thank goodness you were there!

Most of my shoes are running and aerobics shoes. ;)

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I wasn't sure whether I was visiting a shoe shopping blog or a personal blog when I got here but I did enjoy your Thursday Thirteen!

Shannon said...

Great list! And what a hero you really are (just for being a great mom...not saving a life.)

I took the challenge: http://mommy-inc.blogspot.com/2006/09/thursday-thirteen-11.html

Have a great Thursday!

Happy Mama to Three said...

We all need to pat ourselves on the back sometimes. Denise had a great idea.

And I can sooo relate to #11

Cindi

Anonymous said...

8 & 9: Oh, ME TOO!!!

Thanks for visiting :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG--you really like shoes!!!

I've always had a hard time with #11 too, but the good side of it is we tend to appreciate 'the little things' more than those who take their time with love.

Happy TT--good job on your first one!

Knitting Maniac said...

What a cool list!!!! I love it!

Thanks for stopping by mine!

Anonymous said...

10, 11, and 13 ring home for me. Keep your head up, I love your outlook! :O) Thanks for visiting my list.

Anonymous said...

Oops, it was another Tink that visited my site. That's ok, I really enjoyed your list too! (I feel like such a dork, lol)

Southern Girl said...

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to shoes -- hate 'em! Only have two pair and that's really two more than I want. *g*

Fun list -- good to learn a little something about you. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

I love shoes too though I don't think I have as many as you. ;)

My mother thinks it's because I was traumatized in 7th grade by a girl who was richer than me -- I was the queen of hand-me-downs in a private school of well-dressed snobs. The girl mocked me because I only had one pair of tennis shoes.

Now I have running shoes, walking shoes, tennis shoes, cross-trainers...not to mention all the really cute work shoes and weekend shoes.... :P

My Thursday13 is up too.

Natsthename said...

#1 is also for me! When we were in Maine a couple of weeks ago, I ate lobster EVERY DAY!! Woo hoooo!!

Margaret said...

That's a lot of shoes! I used to have lots when I worked in an office and had to dress everyday. Now I think I kept my best and most comfortable and never get to wear them at all. Hmmm, Lobster! Can you believe I didn't ever have it until just last year. (37 yrs) Good thing because it is sooo addictive and YUM! Great 13! -Margie

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Great List! Thanks for stopping by.

Jennfactor 10 said...

Great list!
(and I loved your cast of shoes)
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Cool list! That is an impressive amount of shoes!!! Thanks for visiting my TT.

Trish Ess said...

Interesting list! I love shoes, too... I only have 48 pairs.. but my collection is constantly growing. :)

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Girlie said...

I enjoy your blog...how are you liking Pride and Prejudice?