Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 13, 2012

Glitter Deprived!

What shoes does not need a resurface from time to time.  When you think they need to be retired but still have a little life in them, give them a new look  with a little glitter and glue.  This is so easy!  I have plans to redo about 3 pairs of mine that I can think of that I had slated for good will.


You'll need:
Heels
Gold glitter
Acrylic glue
Sandpaper
A paint brush

How to:
1. Clean the shoes, and then lightly sand them to rough up the surface so the glue sticks properly.
2. Mix the glue and glitter together in a container.
3. Paint the shoe with the glitter glue.
4. Sprinkle with extra glitter to fully coat the shoes. Don't worry about getting glitter inside the shoes, just clean them up once the glue has dried.
5. Since these pics were taken I have also done a second coat on the heel part of the shoes - there were some spots I had missed. You may get away with a single coat, but feel free to do a second coat if required.







What I do is kick them in the pants with a diamond buckled shoe! ~~Aileen Mehle~~

0 Broken Heels: