Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Boulderdash Shoes


Back when I was in middle school, my parents took us to Stone Mountain Georgia for vacation. It was not the most exciting vacation, but it was adventurous. The day we were going to the top of the mountain was the day my mother wore her yellow and mint green pant suit AND matching sandals. All the rest of us wore tennis shoes. Keds, I believe. She decided that she would wear her yellow sandals that went with her pants suit.  Nothing else would do.

 I advised her not to wear those sandals as they were slippery and the mountain was slippery. She refused stating that she WAS wearing her sandals. She was the adult so I shut up. I just wanted for the inevitable. We climbed Stone Mountain from the bottom. We were just about 30  or 40 feet from the very top when my mothers sandals threw her down to the ground. We were at a steep angle and those shoes simply did not have the traction she needed.

Down she tumbled and tumbled and tumbled. Just like a tumbleweed. No one could catch her and she was rolling over and over, out of control. She could not stop herself either. She just kept tumbling. Finally she stopped...when she hit a large boulder that was about 20 feet around. Splat! That stopped her. Needless to say, she never tried to wear cute shoes while climbing a mountain.


What do women want? Shoes! ~~Mimi Pond

0 Broken Heels: